2017 Janell S Head
Do you know a doctor, nurse or individual who treats cancer patients with extraordinary compassion? Read the below to learn how to nominate him or her for the 2017 Janell S. Head Caregiver Award®! You can nominate your caregiver until 6pm EST on May 25, 2018
The Hat-titude host committee would like to recognize one extraordinary healthcare provider or individual with the Janell S. Head Caregiver Award.
The award is one of the region’s most prestigious honors.
2013 - Caregiver Award
in memory of Janell S. Head
2014 - Caregiver Awarad
Alicia John Clark
for Lynette John
• Eligible nominees must be a healthcare provider or individual working directly with patients in the state of Georgia.
• Nominees will be asked to submit a personal statement along with an optional resume, and have the option to submit supporting materials such as articles or letters written by patients, colleagues or family members.
• Materials submitted will not be returned.
• Nominations should not include video or audio recordings of any kind.
• Nominations should not be bound in any permanent manner. If they are received in this way, you will be asked to resubmit the nomination.
• All 2018 nominations (with the exception of the winner and one finalist) will be considered for two consecutive years. Nominees will be contacted by Hat-titude host committee member in early 2018 with information on how to be considered for a second nomination cycle.
• You must be present to receive award.
Who can be nominated?
Eligible nominees must be a healthcare provider or individual working directly with cancer patients daily.
What qualities does the Center look for?
The award recognizes those who embody characteristics of compassionate care, including:
• Communicating sensitively with patients and loved ones
• Listening carefully, showing empathy and instilling hope
• Respecting patients’ values, culture, choices and decisions
•Understanding the significance of patients’ families and communities.
How do I nominate someone?
Nominations will be accepted through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens next?
The Hat-titude Host review committee will choose one winner and one finalist to be recognized at The Hat-titude Big Hat Brunch, to be held in Atlanta, GA on June 10, 2018 The winner will receive a $500.00 suggested retail valued prize, and have the opportunity to share thoughts about compassion for a cancer patient with nearly 300 brunch guests. The finalists will receive $250.00 suggested retail valued prize as well
2015 - Caregiver Award
in memory of Dr. Charles Jackson
2016 - Caregiver Award
in memory of Briana Ray
2017 - Caregiver Award
in memory of Mrs. Doris Brown